Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Summer is here!

Well at least school is officially out for the kiddos! :)  Because of that, I have made a few changes to the blog.  I've been approached by some women in the ward that have school-aged children and we would like to use this blog as a site where all moms can post activities for the summer that they'd like to include others in.  For example, Eugene has weekly free movie nights, discounted swim days, etc.  Because of that, I changed the title of the blog to "Mom & Me" instead of "Mom & Tot".  Also, I know there are women that are only free for playgroups on Fridays, so I've decided to change a few of our activity days to Friday to accommodate them as well.  I hope it isn't too confusing!!  Please check back to the blog frequently for any clarifications on playgroup days as well as locations.  You are also welcome to call, text or email me if you have any questions or concerns.  I have also decided, due to a few requests, to change our meeting time to 11:00.  If anyone has any serious objections to either the day or time changes, please let me know. With that said, I also thought I'd post the next two months' schedule in advance (I've been terrible at letting everyone know in time), so here it is!

Wednesday 6/15 - Candlelight Park (on Royal)
Friday 6/24 - Bethel Communtiy Park ("Sand Park")
Wednesday 6/29 - Skinner's Butte Park
Friday 7/8 - Bethel Community Park
Wednesday 7/13 - Candlelight Park
Wednesday 7/20 - Bethel Community Park
Friday 7/29 - Lone Pine Farms (wohoo for goat feeding - the kids love it!)

By popular demand, I have scheduled Bethel Community Park every other week (it has the largest playground & is where we usually get the best turnout).  I also tried to rotate close places (within walking distance) and ones we'd have to drive to, in order to accommodate those who don't have cars. If anyone knows of any other fun parks or meeting options, I am always open to suggestions and can definitely make changes as we go along - let me know!!

I also want to say thank you to everyone who supports our playgroup!  It has been a great way to stay in touch with women in our ward and I encourage everyone to try to come frequently.  The more women & kids we have, the more fun it is and the more we are able to strengthen our friendships and support each other.  I love you all and hope to visit with you soon. :)

Brooke

(P.S. just so I don't feel totally guilty about it - I won't be able to make it tomorrow due to work (I know it's a terrible trend lately...this is my LAST Wednesday!!), but a few other women have agreed to be in charge.  Please still plan to go so they aren't lonely!)

1 comment:

  1. Here is a link to a kids summer recreational guide. It has activities for kids at the local community centers and the kids eat free lunch program.

    http://www.eugene-or.gov/portal/server.pt/gateway/PTARGS_0_228_240257_0_0_18/FFA%20Resource%20Guide.pdf

    ReplyDelete